Sunday 27 November 2011

The Devil wears a ski suit!



What do you do after you have booked your ski trip – you buy your ski wear! Having booked my trip for next year my attention has turned this weekend to what I will be wearing when I carve up the slopes of Bansko, Bulgaria.


Having missed the previous year, the equipment I had may have been sufficient for another season. Sadly though, having lent it to my sister’s boyfriend, a travelling Australian whose lack of consideration for his own clothing is matched only by that for someone else’s, I was none too surprised when he returned minus a few items.


When I say a few I mean he brought back one glove, a broken pair of goggles (how he broke them I have no idea), no jacket and the wrong pair of salopettes. Fortunately, I didn’t borrow him my long john’s (for hygiene reasons) but having searched the garage I have found my long johns are long gone - basically rendering me totally ski wear-less.


But every cloud has a silver lining and I now have the pleasure of being able to purchase a whole new wardrobe funded by some Australian dollars – sweet! With this in mind I have made my first purchase (a ski suit) and will be reviewing it this week and giving it my Snow Angel rating – stay tuned!

If you have comments on this post, my blog in general, how I should test my new equipment or on skiing in Bansko I would love to hear your thoughts! Please use the comment box below...


No comments:

Post a Comment