Monday 5 March 2012

Fitness | So far...so hard!

Apologies for the delay with this post…hopefully the following blog will explain the reasons.


When I started this process I think I was kidding myself that it would be easy to commit to and that I could do it without changing much at all...how wrong I was!

No sooner had I started training sporadically at gyms, indulging in free trials, had the inconsistent training taken its toll and I lost the will to continue flitting from one gym to another. With the lack of will also came to the fear that what I was trying to do was unachievable and when I feel like this I shut down and do nothing. So basically, January was a wash out (unless you count reading Mens Health).

But with February came a revival of the drive (and with it the oppressive reality that in a few short months I would have to run two 10km runs) to continue training in the hopes of getting fit...and that six-pack of course.

To start with I joined a gym – Bannatyne’s in Solihull. This was not one of the ones that I had a free trial with but upon having a viewing I thought that it suited what I wanted – quiet, full of equipment, swimming facilities and best of all no pack mentality (i.e. groups of lads hanging around judging you and generally making for an uncomfortable atmosphere - unlike Virgin).


Since starting, I have created a program for myself and have been every day with strategically placed days off. I have also cut down on carbs (bad carbs) and have started taking protein and supplements to aid the process…so far I am quite impressed with the results and at half price from MyProtein a great deal.


I have also taken to hiking - a totally new experience but one that I am really enjoying having got the right equipment for it starting with my new Berghaus fleece a review of which will be my next blog.


Anyway, this is just a starter for ten…more blogs will follow (I promise) along with more information on what I am doing and using in the hopes of reaching my goals.


Please feel free to leave comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment